BLACK ROCK KAYAK & SNORKEL ECO TOURS
Eco Tour Details
Ka'anapali Surf Club eco-tours depart from The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, located in the heart of Ka'anapali near the famous Black Rock, or Pu'u Keka'a as it was known in ancient Hawaii. Pu'u Keka'a is the most prominent natural feature at Ka'anapali created by an old lava flow that entered the sea hundreds of years ago. Voted “#1 Beach” by Conde Nast, Ka'anapali Beach boasts an abundance of green sea turtles and tropical fish providing guests with an incredible snorkel and kayak experience. In addition, guests can experience a spectacular off-shore perspective of the West Maui Mountains and views of neighbor islands Lana'i and Moloka'i while they learn about Hawaii’s rich history and culture.
Tours begin with a brief land lesson where guests learn basic safety and paddling techniques. Shortly after the land lesson, guides escort guests to the water and begin paddling towards Black Rock where guests will enjoy about 30 minutes of prime snorkeling. This iconic location is famous for its 60-foot sea cliffs visible only from the ocean. There, knowledgeable guides will share ancient Hawaiian history and local folklore as well as information on marine wildlife in the area. Between December 15 and April 15 guests may be able to enjoy whale watching as Humpback Whales make their seasonal migration from Alaska and travel along Maui and neighbor Hawaiian islands.
Check-in is 15 minutes prior at Ka'anapali Surf Club desk, in front of Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club.
- All prices/lessons include all necessary equipment
- All surf instructors/guides are first aid/CPR certified
- To ensure overall fun, children under eight require a private tour
- Guest must have GOOD swimming skills to join a GROUP lesson
- A minimum 24-hour cancellation is needed for full refunds
- Private tours available for non-swimmers, seniors, children as young as three years old, people with physical and/or mental disabilities
Reservations and Pricing
These professionally guided, two-hour Eco Adventures include:
- Premier snorkel site
- All equipment is included (snorkel gear, life-jackets, Malibu Two and Malibu Two XL Ocean Kayaks
Tours are available weekly from 8 to 10 a.m. (7:30 a.m. check-in) for private, semi-private and groups.
- $99 per person (double kayak)
- $119 per person (single kayak)
- $199 per person
- $149 for two to four guests
- $129 per person for five guests or more