Learn to SUP on Maui with a 20-minute beach lesson where you learn the techniques, followed by a little over an hour of water time!
- Group Tours
- Per Person - Double Kayak Each double holds two people | Max weight 400lbs combined.
- Private Tours
- Up to 10 people Price is per person
KA’ANAPALI KAYAK ECO-TOURISM ADVENTURE!
Ka’anapali Surf Club eco-tours depart from The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, located in the heart of Ka’anapali near the famous Black Rock, or Pu’u Keka’a as it was known in ancient Hawaii. Pu’u Keka’a is the most prominent natural feature at Ka’anapali, created by an old lava flow that entered the sea hundreds of years ago.
Voted #1 Beach by Conde Nast, Ka’anapali Beach boasts an abundance of green sea turtles and tropical fish, providing you with an incredible snorkel and kayak experience. In addition, you can experience a spectacular off-shore perspective of the West Maui Mountains and views of neighbor islands Lana’i and Moloka’i while you learn about Hawaii’s rich history and culture.
Tours begin with a brief land lesson where you learn basic safety and paddling techniques. Shortly after the land lesson, guides escort you to the water and begin paddling toward Black Rock, where you enjoy about 30 minutes of prime snorkeling. This iconic location is famous for its 60-foot sea cliffs visible only from the ocean.
There, knowledgeable guides share ancient Hawaiian history and local folklore as well as information on marine wildlife in the area. Between December 15 and April 15, you may be able to enjoy whale watching as humpback whales make their seasonal migration from Alaska and travel along Maui and neighbor Hawaiian islands.
Please note: To ensure overall fun in the kayak tour, children under 8 require a private tour.
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior at Ka’anapali Surf Club desk, in front of The Westin Resort & Spa.
- All prices/lessons include all necessary equipment.
- All surf instructors/guides are first aid/CPR certified.
- To ensure overall fun, children under eight require a private tour.
- Guest must have GOOD swimming skills to join a GROUP lesson.
- A minimum 24-hour cancellation is needed for full refunds.
- Private tours available for non-swimmers, seniors, children as young as three years old, people with physical and/or mental disabilities.