Get a group of friends together and learn how to surf! The class starts with a beach lesson where you learn all the techniques necessary, then you head to the water.
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE SURF LESSONS
- 1 person / 90 minute Private Lesson One on one private lesson
- 2 person / 90 minute Private Lesson Price is per lesson | 1 instructor for 2 students
- 3 person / 90 minute Private Lesson Price is per lesson | 1 instructor for 3 students
- 4 person / 90 minute Private Lesson Price is per lesson | 1 instructor for 4 students
- 5 person / 90 minute Private Lesson Price is per lesson | 1 instructor for 5 students
LEARN HOW TO SURF ON MAUI!
The class starts with a 20-minute beach lesson where you learn all the techniques necessary as well as knowledge of the reef, wind, safety, and water etiquette. Shortly after the beach lesson, you and your surf coach head into the water for a bit over one hour of water time.
All of our surf coaches are First Aid/CPR certified as well as respected watermen. We are proud to offer the very best staff and a prime location for all of our guests!
All necessary equipment is provided, including surfboards, protective water shoes, and Ka’anapali Surf Club rash guards. Ka’anapali Surf Club also provides professional photography services, which can be purchased at the end of each class for an additional cost.
All classes are 90 minutes long, and the check-in time is 15 minutes prior to classes.
All classes must be reserved ahead of time.
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior at Kaʹanapali Surf Club desk, in front of Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club.
- All prices/lessons include all necessary equipment.
- All instructors/guides are first aid/CPR certified.
- To maximize experience, children under 12 require a private tour.
- You must have competent swimming skills to participate in a group surf or SUP lesson.
- A minimum of 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is needed for full refunds.
- Private 1 on 1 tours are available for non-swimmers, seniors, children as young as 3, and people with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- For semi‐private lessons, all children must be at least 12 years old and competent swimmers. Otherwise, a 1 on 1 private lesson is required.